[squeak-dev] OpenGL in external window?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Jan 15 15:12:14 UTC 2014

In this demo, I'd keep the main window as the IDE window and the
external as the drawing window.

It would  demonstrate how flexible Squeak is that you could (if it is
possible) redirect drawing to some other window.

Reading a bit more about supporting multiple windows with OpenGL, what
is actually needed is to associate a context with a given window. The
B3D code doesn't have the concept of more than one window (not
surprising) so I'm guessing that it would be harder than I initially
thought.

http://piumarta.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqUnixOpenGL.c?diff_format=s&sortby=date&r1=967&r2=966&pathrev=967

It would be nice to see pyglet-level support for OpenGL in Squeak
http://www.pyglet.org but I'm not capable of contributing much to such a
project, I'm afraid.

Lawson

--
Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan