[squeak-dev] ScreencastMorph

DeNigris Sean sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Jan 16 14:53:28 UTC 2014

I'm working on a ScreencastMorph. The idea is to have something like what HandMorphForReplay does, but in a self contained window. The effect would be that there was another World running in a window, where the HandMorphForReplay could carry out a UI script that could be played, sped up, slowed down, rewound - all the actions you would except from a media player.

Unfortunately, starting a World in a window does not seem easy. Most of the time I try it or manually mess with HandMorphs, my image locks up permanently.

I've also had trouble getting the tool to resize. I tried Window -> TransformationMorph -> PasteUpMorph -> MyCoolToolWindow. That seems promising - although I have to open the tool in the world before embedding in the PasteUpMorph. The tool will resize and even interact for a while, but eventually that too seems to lock up the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean

p.s. cross-posting to Squeak-dev and Pharo-dev. If I get it working, I plan on porting to both.
p.p.s. I'm posting to the dev lists because I see clear killer uses for this in the Core system (UI Testing, live documentation)