[squeak-dev] Interaction with Sugar on Ubuntu.

Gustavo Duarte gduarte at activitycentral.com
Thu Jan 16 19:34:06 UTC 2014

Sorry, my mistake I introduce a false clue,  I thought the bug was on
XMLDOMParser, but doing a more deeply analysis I guess that the problem is
on the Class which call XMLDOMParser, more precisely on the method
gconfPropertiesAt of SugarLauncher class, bellow paste the source code:

gconfPropertiesAt: aString
    | dir |
    "search up tree to guess home dir"
    dir := Project squeakletDirectory.
    [dir pathName = '/'] whileFalse: [
        dir := dir containingDirectory.
        [FileStream
            readOnlyFileNamed: dir pathName, '/.gconf', aString,
'/%gconf.xml'
            do: [:f |
                | props |
                props := Dictionary new.
                (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: f)
                    tagsNamed: #entry do: [:entry |
                        props at: (entry attributeAt: 'name')
                            put: entry elements first contentString].
                ^props].
        ] on: FileDoesNotExistException do: [:ignore | ].
    ].
    ^self error: 'cannot find gconf path ', aString

Why i'm saying that XMLDOMParser isn't the problem, because i did the test,
call XMLDOMParser passing the xml file and the parsing work fine:

f:=FileStream readOnlyFileNamed:
/home/estudiante/.gconf/desktop/sugar/user/%gconf.xml'

XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: f

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.