[squeak-dev] Re: NuScratch alpha release

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Jan 18 19:23:45 UTC 2014

How about "export to squeak 1.4"?

-------- Original message --------
From: "tim Rowledge [via Smalltalk]" <ml-node+s1294792n4737778h6 at n4.nabble.com>
Date: 01/18/2014  1:24 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: "Sean P. DeNigris" <sean at clipperadams.com>
Subject: Re: NuScratch alpha release

On 17-01-2014, at 3:11 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> tim Rowledge wrote
>> you have (very reasonably) decided to make a version of BYOB... I need to
>> make an *exact* Scratch port in order to support the many... users of
>> current Scratch 1.4
>
> Is Phratch incompatible with Scratch? I had assumed that Phratch was
> "Scratch+" (i.e. backward compatible), and that existing users could use
> their Scratch projects in Phratch. Is that not the case?

There’s more to compatibility than that direction. I have to keep *exact* file compatibility; no changes to what can be in there, nothing that would stop someone using an old Scratch 1.4 system on a PC from using the file, nothing that wold surprise them.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CSF: Charge to NSF

http://forum.world.st/NuScratch-alpha-release-tp4736438p4737778.html
To unsubscribe from NuScratch alpha release, click here.
NAML

-----
Cheers,
Sean