[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Mon Jan 20 19:55:18 UTC 2014

Hi All,

It's that time again.

Every year we elect the SOB (Squeak Oversight Board) consisting of seven
members from our community. The current board is:

               http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/Board

Everything about the election, including schedule and more, can be

tracked here:

               http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6195

Now until Monday 10th of February 3PM (20.00 UTC): Nominations of SOB
members and campaigning!

Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the
squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that
person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate list
until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she intends to run.
During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on
squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask
questions.

I encourage you to reach out to potential candidates, people that are active
in the community and represent your views, and ask them to run.  Some people
will not run without encouragement.

*** Monday 10th of February 2014 3PM (20.00 UTC): Candidate list is
finalized.

*** Monday 10th of February 2014 4PM (21.00 UTC): Online election starts.

*** Tuesday 18th of February 2014 6PM (23.00 UTC): Online election ends.

***Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.

The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email.

And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)

IMPORTANT: New voters will NOT be added once the election is started.   You
MUST try to get on the voter list before the 10th of February 2014 or you
will NOT be able to vote.  If your Email has changed make sure it is changed
on the list of voters before the election starts.

--------------------------

If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the voter list, no
worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish to vote do ONE of the following:

      * Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends
an email to voters (at) squeak.org giving me name and email for you, then I
will add you.
      * Send an email to voters at squeak.org yourself (and CC to squeak-dev
if you like) with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed
serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker.

When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with
instructions and a link to the voting website.

If there are any further questions, just reply *in this thread* and I will
closely track it - or send email to voters (at) squeak.org which points to
me.

...so let's get on with it!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum