[squeak-dev] re: Elections off to a roaring start

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:14:08 UTC 2014

I will re-up to serve another year as well.  My desire for Squeak
continues to be as a development platform enabling individuals and
teams in the community to create interesting, real-world applications.
 I want a system that empowers semi-technical "scripters", not just
hard-core developers.

As with any complex machine, we work for Squeak so that, one day, it
can work for us.  My philosophy is that day should always be today, to
the maximum degree possible.  In an age when "old" is a dirty word, I
actually respect old code (not bad code), because it was able to work
for people a long time before people had to work for it.

I appreciate the mileage afforded by the entire language syntax
fitting on a single index card.  I think "modern" bells and whistles
should justify their real-world value relative to the additional
complexity they require the human-side to absorb.