[squeak-dev] java interpreter/compiler hosted with Spur?

charlie robert charlie.robert at icloud.com
Sat Jan 25 05:11:02 UTC 2014

I was curious whether java may be used in Cog.  I recall a fair project with the serialization and core pojo representation, but my memory   Might java interoperate natively, so as to call a java function in smalltalk, as a smalltalk call with a closure/continuation, or perhaps in the other direction?  COudl a scala type inferencer be built in Spur’s runtime? runtime?

Eliot, I am quite intrigued on your blog post on Spur’s object stack representation.  Does this format touch on the heap structure of an object?  Either way, using Cap’n Proto in the heap and Spur for the stack/queue structures would be really nice if someone had one.  Does a lord or lady own such a magic item +4?  on a raspberry?

so sorry for all that noise ,
- charlie (Rob WIthers)