[squeak-dev] trunk

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 09:56:06 UTC 2014

On 25 January 2014 09:48, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 January 2014 14:20, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 24 January 2014 14:09, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>> the just downloaded trunk (build 774)
>>> cannot be opened in Squeak 5.8b12.app
>>> Just fyi :)
>>
>> I can't look at it now (but will this evening), but I think I broke
>> the job from #775 onwards.
>
> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/748/console has a
> 4.5-13655. Took me long enough. Anyway, please take a look and see if
> this is a suitable release candidate.
>
> Thanks!
>
> (SqueakTrunk (a) takes a base image and updates it, and (b) tests it.
> ReleaseSqueakTrunk (a) takes a base image and updates it, (b) runs the
> release process, and (c) tests it.)

I'll have a look myself later today, but one thing worries me about
the artifact mentioned above:

Releasing based off Squeak4.5-13655
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/release.st
spawning command 3 with timeout 900 seconds:
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/target/cog.r2776/coglinux/bin/squeak
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/target/ReleaseCandidate.image"
../release.st
release.st
(Command started with PID 1906)
!!! Killing command 3 for exceeding allotted time:
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/target/cog.r2776/coglinux/bin/squeak
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/target/ReleaseCandidate.image"
../release.st.

That job has a 15 minute timeout attached to it. Preparing a new build
does take an age, so it might be that we need a longer timeout... or
there's a debugger popped up.

frank