[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Monticello-topa.585.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:49:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 27.01.2014, at 14:34, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> reusable

> >> Can I?
> >
> > I'm confused: are you asking for permission? ("yes, of course, since
> > you're a member of the Squeak community, and the 4.6 list of requests
> > is for everyone") Or are you asking for the ability? (Because you
> > don't know the password.)
>
> The latter :)
>
> Best
>         -Tobias
>
> PS: I have up until now never used the swiki…
>     Probably we should have a meta-4.6 todo for nicer swiki urls? ;)
>
> The SWIKI already does have a built-in better URL's.  Unfortunately, they
don't work with pages that have periods in them (that is,
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/squeak4.6 goes to the FunSqueak4.2Cog page,
not really what is desired).  The 'trick' is to lump all the works from the
title together, with new words being capitalized.  It does a scan (or
sorts, obviously) to find the best match.  My personal past with this is
that I make several guesses about what will get a good result, and
eventually one works fairly well.

-cbc