[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 27 22:20:04 UTC 2014

On 27.01.2014, at 22:52, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone else able to reproduce this, I can't..

Happens for me just as Herbert described it. You would be the only who can't reproduce it :)

Because on your machine the package cache directory stored in the image will exist, so it would continue to use that one.

ReleaseBuilder should nil out MCCacheRepository's "default" class inst var.

And please make the pane resizing go away.

- Bert -

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> wanted to start banging, opened a MC Browser to try my apps, selected the
>> local package cache and on clicking 'open' it started
>> to update from trunk and asked for a user name for source.squeak.org/trunk,
>> suggesting cmm.
>>
>> By now I hit cancel 33 times, each time a mcz was downloaded and installed.
>>
>> I'll continue reporting
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Herbert
>>

>> Am 27.01.2014 17:51, schrieb Chris Muller:
>>
>>> It's ready for your final testing and scrutiny!
>>>
>>>    http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/Squeak4.5-13663.zip
>>>
>>> Please bang on this!  Test it with your apps.  Test it in Windows,
>>> iOS, Linux.  Interpreter and Cog.
>>>
>>> Unless we hit any show-stoppers, this will be the one we can call "done."
>>>
>>> Thanks to this great community of brilliant developers for making 4.5
>>> a superb release.

- Bert -