[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 1

Jeff Gonis jeff.gonis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 23:05:03 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

I'll echo what others are saying here and cast my vote for not having the
pane resizing feature in the 4.5 release.  I do think that it could be a
really nice feature for 4.6 but I think it needs a little time to bake.

My own 2 cents would be to make resizing occur without redraw until an
optimal size is found and then do the resizing all at once to reduce the
visual distraction that occurs by having the panes "swim" as I browse
through different classes. I also think it needs a little but more time to
bake as I have found the same thing the Herbert did above, namely that the
pane resizing can make associated buttons too small.

I think that this could be a really nice feature with some refinement, but
for this release I don't think it is ready to go. Count this as my vote for
putting it in the 4.6 development cycle and letting people bang on it
during that time.

Thanks,
Jeff