[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 2

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:46:29 UTC 2014

On 30 January 2014 01:57, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Getting to a reasonably easy RC deployment process.
>
>   1) Download latest Squeak4.5.zip from
> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/.
>   2) Unzip.  Launch image in Interpreter VM.
>   3) Workspace, "ReleaseBuilder prepareNewRelease", do it.
>   4) Save and exit the image.
>   5) Zip it up and upload to updates at squeak.org:/var/www/files/4.5alpha/
>   6) Send this note.

Hm, steps 2-4 ought to be already happening as part of
ReleaseSqueakTrunk's job. (In that it runs ReleaseBuilder
prepareNewRelease and sets the image format to 6504.)

So you _should_ be able to
1) Download latest Squeak4.5.zip from
http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/.
2) Unzip a copy.
3) Beat on it to be sure it meets Release Manager criteria
4) Copy the zip to updates at squeak.org:/var/www/files/4.5alpha/
5) Send this note.

> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/Squeak4.5-13668.zip
>
> PS -- Frank, thanks for the CI, I dig it now.  :)

Glad to hear it :)

frank