[squeak-dev] Is anyone else running a 64-bit image on a regular basis?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jul 16 11:48:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 09:14:20AM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 16 July 2014 04:27, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > I tend to switch back and forth between a variety of VMs and images (Spur, Cog,
> > interpreter VM etc). Lately I have been doing my updates from a format 68002
> > 64-bit image. Just curious, is anybody else out there using a 64-bit image on
> > a regular basis and keeping it updated from the trunk development stream?
>
> I'm not, and I really should, in CI. What would I need to do to set up
> such a thing?

I was just mostly curious if anyone else is just using a 64 bit image on a day
to day basis.

As far as CI jobs on build.squeak.org, we would need to install the squeakvm64
VM on box3. I put the deb in the expected place but it is not installed.

  /root/localdebs/squeakvm64_20131020-1_i386.deb

Note that this deb is *only* for use on box3. If you want to run the 64-bit
image yourself, please use the official distribution on squeakvm.org/unix.

The trunk image is regularly being traced to 64 bits in the CI job at
http://build.squeak.org/job/Squeak%2064-bit%20image/ so the output of that
job should be usable.

Dave