[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-nice.295.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Jul 17 21:54:50 UTC 2014

Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-nice.295.mcz

Name: Graphics-nice.295
Author: nice
Time: 17 July 2014, 11:53:05.367 pm
UUID: 9fb8a437-18ff-4ae6-adc8-71c70db3b083
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.294

Answer to my own question: why do we need to return a ReadWriteStream from compressedMIMEEncodedStream?
We don't. We need a ReadStream.
But since it's just for getting its contents, we do not need a Stream at all, just a String...

The sole usage is in System and will be changed right after this one.

=============== Diff against Graphics-nice.294 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: TextStyle>>compressedMIMEEncoded (in category 'mime file in/out') -----
+ compressedMIMEEncoded
+ 	"Answer a String with my compressed, stored representation as Base64"
+
+ 	| s ff |
+ 	self fontArray do: [:f | f releaseCachedState].
+ 	s := RWBinaryOrTextStream on: ''.
+ 	ff := SmartRefStream on: s reset.
+ 	TextConstants at: #forceFontWriting put: true.
+ 	[ff nextPut: self]
+ 		ensure: [TextConstants at: #forceFontWriting put: false].
+ 	^s contents asByteArray zipped base64Encoded!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: TextStyle>>compressedMIMEEncodedStream (in category 'mime file in/out') -----
- compressedMIMEEncodedStream
- 	"Answer a ReadWriteStream with my compressed, stored representation as Base64"
-
- 	| s ff ffcontents |
- 	self fontArray do: [:f | f releaseCachedState].
- 	s := RWBinaryOrTextStream on: ''.
- 	ff := SmartRefStream on: s reset.
- 	TextConstants at: #forceFontWriting put: true.
- 	[ff nextPut: self]
- 		ensure: [TextConstants at: #forceFontWriting put: false].
- 	ffcontents := s contents.
- 	s := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: ffcontents asByteArray zipped base64Encoded.
- 	^s
- 		ascii;
- 		reset;
- 		yourself!