[squeak-dev] Re: Inefficiencies

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:06:41 UTC 2014

Note that asTrueFraction is not engaged in classic VM nor cog/spur because
the Float primitive for < > etc... do convert the SmallInteger parameter to
Float, which apparently is not the case in your VM...

That makes me think that it will be a problem in 64 bits image with 61bits
small int, because converting an int > 2^53 to double will be an inexact
operation...