[squeak-dev] ZipArchive: "Error: can't find EOCD position" (trunk)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 24 23:31:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 01:00:00AM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hey guys---
>
> Just wanted to make my first trunk commit. :) I downloaded the Squeak
> 4.6alpha and updated it. I made some changes. I tried to commit... *bam*
> Seems to me that somehow the zip archives are written brokenly (to disk). I
> inspected the package-cache and found many broken *.mcd files there (e.g.
> Kernel-eem.859(eem.857).mcd).
>
> Now I'm a little bit sad. :'(
>
> Best,
> Marcel ;)

That is the famously unhelpful error message from ZipArchive>>readFrom:
that means, loosely translated: "Something bad happened while trying to
uncompress your MCZ, probably because of a network problem or a corrupt
zip file. But I'm not going to tell you what the problem was, because you
are probably much more interested in googling around to try to figure
out what an EOCD is".

;-)

Dave