[squeak-dev] deselection broken in method list

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 26 13:46:48 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 09:23:27AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 02:58:47PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> >
> > On 26.07.2014, at 02:59, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > >     I depend heavily on fileOutAll in method list browsers.  For example, I'm trying to create versions of the VM's boolean cheat code for the Sista bytecode set and do this by filing out the code for the Newspeak set and editing it.  I tried to do this using "self systemNavigation browseAllSelect: [:m| ('*ooleanCheat*V*' match: m selector) or: [m sendsSelector: #booleanCheatV4:]]" to get a method list browser.  Then I was expecting to be able to use file out with nothing in the list selected.  This files out all methods in the list but...
> > >
> > > Deselection is broken!  I can't deselect the first item and hence can only file out a single definition .  Will whoever changed this please restore it asap? (in trunk)
> > >

> > > Hi again, hey, I just realized!  There is a way to deselect in the MessageTrace.  It's called "Invert Level Selection" and its on the "more" menu (Shift+yellow click).
> > >
> > > Hot key for it is Command+Shift+I (capital "eye").
> > >

> > Wasn't that ?DoIt and invoke the inspector? ?
> >

> To focus on Eliot's original question: The deselection mechanism works
> in Squeak4.5-13352.image. It does not work in trunk now.
>
> What changed?
>
> Does anyone recall changing something that might be related to this?

I also checked the trunk image from http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/.
This image from the Jenkins job does *not* have the deselect problem:

  Image
  -----
  /tmp/sq/TrunkImage.image
  Squeak4.5
  latest update: #13871
  Current Change Set: Unnamed1
  Image format 6504 (32 bit)

But my own working trunk image *does* have the problem:

  Image
  -----
  /home/lewis/squeak/Squeak4.5/squeak.22.image
  Squeak4.5
  latest update: #13871
  Current Change Set: Unnamed4
  Image format 6504 (32 bit)