[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Jul 27 23:55:05 UTC 2014

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007204.html

Name: Services-Base-cmm.53
Ancestors: Services-Base-eem.52

None of our menu entries are capitalized, stop capitalizing service menu entries.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007205.html

Name: Monticello-cmm.596
Ancestors: Monticello-eem.595

- 'browse mc history' and 'browse mc origin' functions are now enabled all the time.  If selected, and the historical repository hasn't been added to the necessary package, the system will now prompt the user to confirm its okay to add it to that package, instead of simply reporting an error message.  Enablement.
- However, about to remove 'browse mc origin' from all but the PathOperations browser.  That's really where it belongs.  Versioning before I do that, though, just in case.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007206.html

Name: Monticello-cmm.597
Ancestors: Monticello-cmm.596

- 'browse mc origin' is now moved to the mc history browser.  Thanks for the suggestion Eliot, this is precisely where it belongs.
- Browsing origin takes a few seconds, show the #wait cursor during that time.  Ah hell, show it for browse mc history too because are are network operations, and the network could possibly be slow.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007207.html

Name: ToolsTests-nice.69
Ancestors: ToolsTests-cmm.68

Don't use a ReadWriteStream when our intention is just to sequentially write then read.
ReadWriteStream and its complexity should be reserved to random read/write access.
Instead, write on a WriteStream, then read from a ReadStream using new conveniency WriteStream>>readStream..

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007208.html

Name: Graphics-nice.298
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.297

Rather than commenting uggliness, remove it.

Compatibility notes:
>From now on, DON'T expect (ImageReadWriter formFromStream: yourStream) to reset yourStream. It's not its business, besides it does not work for every kind of Stream.
Resetting a Stream was only ever required for constructs like (ReadWriteStream with: 'someData') reset.
But you DON'T have to use a ReadWriteStream if it's just for reading. Rather use a ReadStream, this way, no reset is required.
If really ReadWriteStream is what fits (why?) then you'll now have to perform the reset by yourself.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-July/007209.html

Name: CollectionsTests-nice.221
Ancestors: CollectionsTests-nice.220

TextAttributesScanningTest is repeating the same code in most tests, refactor it, and while at it, use a WriteStream for writing then a ReadStream for reading.
Note: there are still 2 tests failing...