[squeak-dev] Kom or Swazoo?

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:35:52 UTC 2014

On Jun 12, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Installing Seaside 3.1.1 into Squeak does not install a necessary
> WAServerAdaptor subclass.
>
> Zinc is Pharo only right?  So I guess my choices are Kom or Swazoo?

You're forgetting WebClient, which I'd say is the one you ought to use.

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/

You can see in this Tobias Pape built Seaside image the GUI tool that allows you to choose which server to use. An example of WebClient in use is there.

> need to research how to install either but does anyone know whether
> either has an inherent advantage over the other?  What are their
> differences?
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS -- During my brief investigation so far I noticed -- of the 7
> Smalltalk's listed at http://www.seaside.st/download, the only one
> which is a broken link is Squeak.

That link is there at all, I think, because on this list Seaside - general discussion I asked for it to be added. If I recall correctly Julian Fitzell added it, so it was a few years ago.

Chris