[squeak-dev] Class subclasses

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Jun 13 03:00:44 UTC 2014

Pardon the noise, but this is an interesting debug problem.

The only message "class" is on Object.

class
 "Primitive. Answer the object which is the receiver's class. Essential. See
 Object documentation whatIsAPrimitive."

 <primitive: 111>
 self primitiveFailed

Looking at CoInterpreterPrimitives up the tree to StackInterpreter class >> initializePrimitiveTable we find primitive 111 maps to

        (111 primitiveClass)

On instance side of StackInterpreter it looks like this.

primitiveClass
 | instance |
 instance := self stackTop.
 self pop: argumentCount+1 thenPush: (objectMemory fetchClassOf: instance)

Now, if I had a brain and/or a clue I would ask myself why this bug happens here.

But, I am very tired, so I will peruse tomorrow.