[squeak-dev] Squeak on Parallella board

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 13 23:58:14 UTC 2014

Well, what a coincidence. I’m sat here with Sebastian Heidbrink and his Parallella, trying to build a stackVM. My, what fun. The gcc setup on this doesn’t provide the same defines for architecture etc as Raspbian, so that is causing some fun with things like the atomic ops. And it appears to dislike
# if defined (FOO) && defined(BAR)
as well, somehow. Right now it’s whining pathetically about sqLowLevelFence.

The good news is that we got the same performance figures on a plain interp as Jecel.

tim
"Bother" said Pooh, as his trigger finger tired.