[squeak-dev] Cog Spur Linux pthread error?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jun 21 04:11:46 UTC 2014

On 20-06-2014, at 7:14 PM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's interesting. Works for me. I added that, /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf to my Dell Sputnik Ubuntu and the VMs that hitherto would not start, cogmtlinuxht and coglinuxht in the 3000 series, start just fine. Very nice.

On Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi the *no* thread version interacts very badly with the interrupts used by the ALSA sounds system os it’s fortunate that the current Pi kernel supports the thread priority firking. It would be interesting to know if there are similar problems on other system. I suspect there might be since I found quite a few complaints about ALSA on x86 while researching the issue.

tim
Science adjusts its views based on what is observed. Faith denies observation so belief can be preserved