[squeak-dev] How do I create an MCZ file?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Mar 1 03:20:55 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, JohnReed Maffeo wrote:

> I have been looking all over and I can not find the instructions about how to create an MCZ file. I have a working version of the program I have been developing and would like to start using SS3 as a repository, but it will only let me upload an MCZ file. All I seem to be able to find is file out in the Category pane.

"Creating a Working Copy From scratch

Click on the "+Package" button, and enter the name of a PackageInfo
package. It doesn"t matter whether or not the code for the package already
exists. Once the Working Copy has been created, the name of the package
will appear in the package list on the left side of the Monticello
Browser. If you loaded an existing version, the version name will be
displayed in parenthesis after the package name, otherwise the parenthesis
will be empty, indicating that your working copy has no ancestors.

Saving Changes

Changes to your working copy are automatically logged in your changes
file, so you only need to create a new version of your package when you
want to share the changes with others. Select the package on the left side
of the Monticello Browser and the repository to save to on the right, then
click the 'Save' button. See Repositories for discussion of how to publish
to shared repositories." - From http://www.wiresong.ca/monticello/v1/docs/getting-started.html

You might also find these links useful:
https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/squeak_screencasts#VersioningyourworkwithMonticello
http://www.wiresong.ca/monticello/v1/docs/package-info.html