[squeak-dev] Re: working on the All-In-One

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Sun Mar 2 02:53:40 UTC 2014

--- snip

Tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

1. down load and unpack zip file
>> resulting file is named Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app. The version name in Get Info is Squeak 4.4, VM 4.2.3b1u.
2. double click the file icon to launch program.
>> a Finder (file browser) opens up with the caption "Choose a File". This is the behavior on a Mac when the OS does not know what program to use to open the file.
3. When I look at the file info.plist it looks like it is from the 4.4 AI1 release.
>> extract of a section of text fom the plist (text snipped out for brevity)
--- snip
</array>
 <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
 <string>Squeak VM Opt</string>
 <key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
 <string>Squeak 4.4, VM 4.2.3b1u</string>
 <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
 <string>4.4</string>
 <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
 <string>Squeak.icns</string>
 <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
 <string>org.squeak.SqueakAllInOne44</string>
 <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
 <string>6.0</string>
 <key>CFBundleName</key>
 <string>Squeak 4.4</string>
--- snip