[squeak-dev] Exporting 4.4 projects to 4.5

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 12:34:16 UTC 2014

Thanks Stef,

I achieved the same by replacing MultiNewParagraph with NewParagraph in
the dialogue that comes up when loading a project that references a
missing class.

Next is a DNU that PasteUpMorph doesn't understand #referencePool.

Anyway, I'll just stick to 4.4 until I start my next project that
doesn't build on old things I've done. It's like that for years.
If it weren't for smart splitters in 4.5, so maybe I'll recreate the
eight projects by hand :-)).

<rant>
You've been looking at code (your own old code or someone elses code)
and ticking off questions until your head hurts. Most of the questions
you haven't ticked off will start "Why...".

While I'm developing, especially while I think about what to code I
create Morphic projects with questions, sketches, photos, arrows with
annotations that mark dependencies, half grown UI's ..... These are
invaluable documentation when revisiting code. They give me a chance to
find answers to the "Why" questions.

I've benefited a lot from developing in the image where the
documentation is.

Projects and Morphs are the things that set Squeak apart from any other
environments I know.
</rant>

Cheers

Herbert