How to access the services on squeak.org (was: RE: [squeak-dev] New Site ?)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Mar 12 03:03:15 UTC 2014

Currently all services are unavailable which are hosted on box2, and use
the squeak.org domain. These are

source.squeak.org
ftp.squeak.org
map.squeak.org
bugs.squeak.org
(and probably more)

Once the situation gets resolved, it can take more than a day till the
DNS caches update, and all services can be accessed as before. Until then
you can use the workaround below.

Add the following lines to your hosts file[1]:

85.10.195.197	source.squeak.org
85.10.195.197	ftp.squeak.org
85.10.195.197	map.squeak.org
85.10.195.197   bugs.squeak.org

Refer to the Wikipedia article[1] to find the hosts file on your operating
system.

Levente

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29