[SPAM] [squeak-dev] Spritz

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Mar 16 13:25:48 UTC 2014

>My opinion about this technology is, that it won't work, because:
>1. (less important) I think there are individual differences in times
>people use to understand specific words. For some people some words take
>longer to process and for other people other words take longer. (Maybe
>it is solvable with some learning mechanism in the technology).
>2. (more important) I like to go BACK in the text sometimes, to focus on
>specific points mentioned previously, and it is much easier and faster
>to do it by using a saccade, than a fancy fingers-based controller.
>Basides that sometimes I like to stop on a word for a second, think
>about something else, and continue later. It is much easier and faster
>to do it by using my eyes, than a fancy fingers-based controller. And
>saccades are REALLY fast in comparison with fingers. :-P

>What are your opinions?

I have not tried the product. Like many things, the intended use may not end up being what people use it for.

Having the driver/API is a prerequisite to exploring what can be done. If I had the brain-cycles to spare, I would develop the driver/API for fun.
I am busy trying to grok the VM landscape at the moment, so I cannot do it. I figured somebody out there might like to play around--or if google soc is still
up and running, that would be a neat project.

tty