[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 21 01:50:27 UTC 2014

On 20-03-2014, at 6:42 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I made a softlink to the image zip.
>
> But why should we duplicate the VM directories again and again in
> every image release?

Kindness to the users? Having the latest - even if it is old - in a place that is easy to find makes life less frustrating. If space usage is a concern then we ought to be able to use links, surely. I suggest that it is easier to explain “go here and you will find everything” than “go here and you will find some things, and then the things you don’t find (which might be…..) should be findable by looking around for a similar looking directory a bit older” and so on.

tim
Strange OpCodes: OI: Vey