[squeak-dev] re: host platform maintainers (was "Squeak 4.5")

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Mar 21 10:40:00 UTC 2014

Hi--

> ...riskOS branches...

     Freudian slip? :)

> ...but we have gaps in Mac and Windows platform ownership...

     I can be a steward for these platforms, since I'm filling in the
gaps for them (and the others) anyway for Spoon (using virtual machines
such as Parallels where necessary). I'm happy to discuss the details.

     Speaking of RISC OS, I'd appreciate some fresh and definitive
pointers for best running it in emulation (e.g., [1] still leaves too
much research to the reader). It's a bit of a muddle from what I can
see, given that the project is so heavily forked and so much old -- er,
"classic" -- hardware is involved. I have separate hardware that runs
one of the forks (a Raspberry Pi), but I have all the other host
platforms running on a single laptop. That has been qualitatively more
productive.

     thanks,

-C

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC_OS