[squeak-dev] Is it just me or is class comment editing totally    broken in 4.5?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 2 21:38:49 UTC 2014

I should double check to be sure, but I think this was a bug in the run
time libraries of the operating system, as opposed to something in the VM
or the image. I can't say I like the idea of putting a kludge into the
image to work around a bug in Ubuntu, although it might be worthwhile in
this case just to prevent new users from having a bad experience.

Come to think of it, we should be able to write a unit test that would
detect this problem when running Squeak on a buggy OS.

Dave