[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri May 2 23:55:03 UTC 2014

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007006.html

Name: Collections-nice.566
Ancestors: Collections-topa.565

Let NullStream understand protocol for Character writing.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007007.html

Name: KernelTests-nice.266
Ancestors: KernelTests-dtl.265

Get rid of a useless shouldnt:raise:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007008.html

Name: CollectionsTests-eem.216
Ancestors: CollectionsTests-topa.215

Add tests that expect unsurprising behaviour from
([Read|Write]Stream on:...from:...to:...) contents

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007009.html

Name: Collections-eem.567
Ancestors: Collections-nice.566

Fix ([Read|Write]Stream on:...from:...to:...) contents.  The old code
would always copy from 1 to the end, not from whatever the
from: argument was.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007010.html

Name: Kernel-cmm.845
Ancestors: Kernel-cwp.844

- #flush after printing error information, and before image immediately exits, otherwise it won't always get written.
- Add accessor for #negativeInfinity so I don't have to create new Float via Float infinity negated when all I want to do is compare.
- #asBytesDescription for Float too because this is a very useful printing method for even things other than byte counts (and we should think of a better name for it too).

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007011.html

Name: Environments-cmm.51
Ancestors: Environments-cwp.50

- Environment preamble, repair your 'Instances' dictionary, make Environments consistently named with Symbols.
- EnvironmentInfo, ensure incoming Strings for your name are coerced to Symbols.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007012.html

Name: Kernel-eem.846
Ancestors: Kernel-cmm.845

Fix whichMethodsStoreInto: for pool variables.
Any kind soul who wants to do the same for
whichSelectorsStoreInto: et al is encouraged
to do so. The test case is looking for reads or writes
of a pool variable.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2014-May/007013.html

Name: System-eem.671
Ancestors: System-cwp.670

Fix allStoresInto:from: for pool variables and hence fix
browsing assignments... to a pool variable in classes that
use the pool.