[squeak-dev] issue allocating more memory for the image

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu May 22 16:58:31 UTC 2014

Not a lot I can offer on this but -
On 22-05-2014, at 8:58 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

>    sound: /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
>    sound: /dev/dsp: No such file or directory

That tends to be output when the system tries to start the sound player (duh) and finds it missing. It’s been happening to me on the Pi as I try to work out why the ALSA sound stuff wouldn’t build (because I hadn’t installed the libasound2-dev package, apparently, discovered eventually by poring over the config.log in desperation) and the vm defaults to some other sound player module. The fact that you are getting that message when you used not to, implies to me that you are somehow starting up the vm in a different way and the ‘proper’ sound setup is not being done.

Sorry it’s rather vague and waffly.

tim
When flying inverted, remember that down is up and up is expensive