[squeak-dev] issue allocating more memory for the image

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 22 18:00:21 UTC 2014

Usually on a unix system, a "No such file or directory" error means
exactly what it says. A file named "/dev/dsp" is a device file in the /dev
pseudo-file system, which presumably is not present. Various flavors of
Linux or Unix might have different sound systems active, and might have
different naming conventions for device files.

I can't think of any reason why this should have an interaction with
object memory allocation. If it seems to be VM related, try running with
an interpreter VM or a different version of Cog and see if the symptoms
change.

Dave