[squeak-dev] re: Please use new threads for new threads.

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon May 26 13:47:13 UTC 2014

     Short: Yeesh, I'm deleting this thread for sure. :)

     Long:

     This matters to me, because I want to be informed while having
limited time to spend.

     Naturally, I wondered how I might fix this myself, leaving the
delicate sensibilities of my fellow raconteurs untrodden. I'm not sure
what fix would work. Sometimes a reply has nothing to do with the
message to which the responder is replying, and the subject line is
totally different. Sometimes a reply is actually a response, and the
subject line might be the same ("hyperbole is great!"), somewhat
different ("perhaps communication is better [was: 'hyperbole is
great!']"), or totally different. Using simple message ID references and
the conventions of normal conversation, without turning it into an AI
project, seems the best we can manage.

> If we continue to tolerate the broken, guess what?

     Indeed, I decided not to continue tolerating a broken social
convention, by asking a fellow human being to make a small change in
behavior. I can only imagine what I would have unleashed by mentioning
top-posting. ;)

-C

--
Craig Latta