[squeak-dev] Seaside installation link is dead - what should it be?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Nov 9 01:14:44 UTC 2014

I was alarmed to find that the Squeak download link on http://www.seaside.st/download
is a dead link. It is pointing to http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/Installation/#h-5
which no longer exists.

Can someone suggest an up-to-date link for the Squeak Seaside installation?

There is a nice page on the wiki at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2272, but I do
not know if it is current.

Presumably we should have some link to Tobias Pape's prepared images, such as
the Squeak 4.4 image at ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/. IIRC, Tobias has also
done a newer prepared image for Squeak 4.5, but I do not find it on our ftp server.

I am not currently doing any Seaside work, but projects like Seaside and Aida are
really important. We should keep these links working!

Dave