[squeak-dev] Installing OmniBrowser

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:29:07 UTC 2014

I’m exploring SmaCC, which requires the Refactory. This sent me down several paths to try and install it. Extending The System’s script doesn’t work. [1] I tried a SqueakMap script using Colin’s last version [2] and it gives the same result, because it’s the same script. [1]
After finding that ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser has #version1241:, I realized I just needed to understand Metacello a little better to install OB and RB. Trial and error lead me to a script [3]. Clearly other people are doing this. Perhaps one of those people could take a look at my script and see if it could use improvement, as compared to their version. I imagine that ultimately Extending The System could be updated with a script that works.

[1]

(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install: 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #lastVersion) load: #( Dev ).

[2]

SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates.
SMSqueakMap default
	installPackageNamed: 'OmniBrowser'
	version: '2.0.4’.

[3]

(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install: 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project) version: #stable) load: #( Dev ).