[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] New Cog VMs available

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Nov 16 19:20:21 UTC 2014

On 16-11-2014, at 6:14 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Spur also works and in my case it seems that Spur is about 1.5 times as fast as Cog which seems a bit slower than the original VM that comes with the Pi.

Now that’s an interesting claim; what tests lead you to that conclusion?

For me the Stack vm (no actual Cog yet…) runs very slightly  faster (under tinyBenchmarks, as a simple example) for bytecodes and 50% or so better for sends. Spur seems similar for bytecodes (surprise!) and maybe 40% better than stackvm for sends. Cog is coming soon…

tim
Strange OpCodes: RWD: Rewind Disk