[squeak-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 08:44:07 UTC 2014

On 16 November 2014 03:24, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     problems solved.  So new VMs available at
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3137/.

OK, so in CI this manifests (in
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnSpur/101/console) as
"Segmentation fault".

Currently the build conflates several tests: it tests the latest
released CogSpur while trying to update the image. That means that
"segmentation fault" could actually arise because of a broken VM, or
from something during the update. I _think_ that we can distinguish
between the two cases, because during update we should see more
output, like a stack trace or similar. For instance
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnSpur/100/console shows that
the VM (3126) did indeed load the image, and something went wrong
during an update.

frank