[squeak-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:49:09 UTC 2014

On 17 November 2014 21:20, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 November 2014 03:24, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> >     problems solved.  So new VMs available at
>> > http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3137/.
>>
>> OK, so in CI this manifests (in
>> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnSpur/101/console) as
>> "Segmentation fault".
>

> I htink I'm in the clear.  I see this from lines immediately preceeding the
> launch:
>
> curl -sSo cogspurlinux.tgz
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3133/cogspurlinuxht-14.45.3133.tgz
>

> So I don't think you're testing 3137.  Fingers crossed.

Oh, no, I thought it'd be clear I was _agreeing_ with you that 3133 was broken!

> perhaps putting a cogspurlinux/squeak -version  in the script to print the
> version before doing the proper launch would be a good idea.

The scripts delete "stale" Cogs and download the version in
lib/squeak-ci/version.rb, which - if necessary - says that it's
installing a new version ("Installing new cogspur r.3137 (spur)" in
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnSpur/102/console)

3137's working its way through CI now. I don't know why it didn't kick
off earlier today, when I pushed the version change.

frank