[Pharo-dev] [squeak-dev] Re: IdentitySet>>collect:

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Sat Nov 29 00:01:32 UTC 2014

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>
> wrote:

>> else agree this is a serious bug?  Anyone else disagree?

>> Set(1.0 2 3)

>> (not 100% sure)

>> > #collect: directly uses Set in Set>>#collect, I committed a fix (to the
>> issue tracker, to be reviewed)
>> > to use “self species” instead (plus the example from above as a test in
>> IdentitySetTest).
>> >
>> >       Marcus
>>
>> I think that is the most logical thing to do, it is what I would expect.
>>
>> I know others have cases where that is not really what you want (some of
>> Set's subclasses are pretty special), but it is still a good default, while
>> #collect:as: can be used for all other cases (and subclasses can override
>> #species again if they want).
>>

> Hmm... errors found by the test runner on that change.
>

> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-4.0-Issue-Validator/17683//artifact/validationReport.html
>
> So we will need to check...
>
>     Marcus

In pharo, the problem is the OCKeyedSet, but the same happens in squeak
with a KeyedSet.
Changing Set>>#collect: to use "self species new" the following code fails:

k:=KeyedSet new keyBlock:[:e | e name].
k addAll:{ Color red . Color blue . Color green}.
k collect:[:e | e ].
--> MessageNotUnderstood: Color>>key