[squeak-dev] Re: Status of PostgresV3

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Oct 1 17:55:57 UTC 2014

Hello Stephan,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> >(YourConnectionPool default executeQuery: ‘select 3 + 4’)
> >    first “ a query may returns multiple result sets, now we select the first “
> >    rows “ we request the rows of the result set “
> >    first “ then the first row “
> >    first “ and the first column, this returns the number 7 ”
>
> I can get the results back and inspect them.
>
> Pg3Row doesn't understand first.

That's a bug in the example. You have to use 'at: 1' instead of 'first'.
It should be:

(YourConnectionPool default executeQuery: 'select 3 + 4')
 	first
 	rows
 	first
 	at: 1

> If I use a rowsWithColumnNameDictionary,
> I get an interesting column name:
>   #'?column?'

#rowsWithColumnNameDictionary will only work if you name your columns and
ensure that all of them have different names. Here's an example:

(YourConnectionPool default executeQuery: 'select 3 + 4 as "theResult"')
 	first
 	rowsWithColumnNameDictionary
 	first
 	theResult