[squeak-dev] Re: .mcd to .mcz (urgent)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 9 06:35:52 UTC 2014

On 09.10.2014, at 02:37, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK here's what I came up with, and it's not pretty.  But it is useful.  Should this be included in MCCacheRepository or MCFileBasedRepository as a general facility?  IMO, yes, to have some poor soul going down this same route.  But I want to canvas opinion first.  Nte that one wpould think all one had to do was
>
> 	cacheRepo storeVersion: (repo versionNamed: versionName).

The whole point of MCDiffyVersion is to be efficient, and avoiding having to create and store a full snapshot. The easiest way to achieve what you want would be something like

	cacheRepo storeVersion: (repo versionNamed: versionName) asNonDiffyVersion.

MCVersion>>asNonDiffyVersion
	^self

MCDiffyVersion>>asNonDiffyVersion
	^MCVersion package: package info: info snapshot: self snapshot dependencies: dependencies

This is untested but sounds trivial enough that it might have the chance of being right ;)

- Bert -