[squeak-dev] Re: Printing nanos in Time print24

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 14 12:10:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:42:28AM +0200, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> Ok, that is clear. I also have a need for time printing to seconds precision.
> Would it be better to keep the current behavior, fix the comments and
> add a method hhmmss or so, or to route printString to a printWithNanos
> and remove the nanos printing in #print24:showSeconds:on:?

Stephan,

That certainly sounds like a reasonable solution to me. I am away and cannot
look at it right now, but I would encourage you to add an update to the inbox
if you come up with a patch that handles this properly.

I think I recall a similar issue related to printing DateAndTime so you
may want to look and see if there is a solution there.

Dave