[squeak-dev] re: Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.zip

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 15 21:50:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 02:57:54PM +0200, Craig Latta wrote:

>      Let's please save any further discussion of this for the next board
> meeting, when we can all speak interactively. Thanks!

Happily our next board meeting is tomorrow, so I'm sure we can sort out any
confusion. However, I do want to note for the record that figuring out
implementation issues such as this is the business of the Squeak community
at large, not the board. So if we come up with any great ideas tomorrow, let's
make sure that we contribute them to the community right here on squeak-dev
for discussion.

FWIW, I'm not a big proponent of the all-in-one as a primary release artifact.
But having said that I think that Craig's point of view has merit, based on
the fact that he has actually tried it out on a range of actual new users.
I also agree with Craig's position that it is up the the release manager to
take care of the release artifacts. It is perfectly OK to agree to disagree,
and we dissenters should simply note our point of view and move on.

Dave