[squeak-dev] re: Image Segment semantics and weakness

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Oct 22 15:47:01 UTC 2014

> So it seems we agree that the key and good part of ImageSegment is
> that one, swapping out, but not as a general object graph serializer.

     Even for swapping out objects, I think putting them in their own
normal object memory is a better idea, since object memories can be
minimal and small. This lets you perform more sophisticated reasoning
about what to do when class formats change between swap-out and swap-in
(as well as other meta-operations).

-C

--
Craig Latta