[squeak-dev] Swiki in 4.5 running on box4

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:23:37 UTC 2014

> On Oct 23, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> n 10/23/14, 11:03 AM, "Chris Cunnington" <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://box4.squeak.org:8080 <http://box4.squeak.org:8080/>
>>
>> I’ve got Swiki working in 4.5 running on box4. I intend next week to create a swiki account for it on box4, run it under daemontools, and copy over the “swiki" content directory from box2 to box4.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> (Installer ss)
>> project: 'KomHttpServer';
>> install: 'KomServices-lr.21';
>> install: 'DynamicBindings-lr.13';
>> install: 'KomHttpServer-DwightManhertz.67'.
>> (Installer ss3)
>> project: 'SqueakServices';
>> install: 'Swiki'.
>> ComSwikiLauncher openAsMorph.
>>
>> Excellent !!
>> I check the install on FunSqueak and add if work
>>
>> Thanks !!
>>

>> Fails to load into 4.6 as designed.
>> Loads into 4.5 all in one, but http://localhost:8888/ <http://localhost:8888/>  gives me
>>
> Internal Server Error
> Key not found: default

Yea, the ‘default’ key in the dictionary of possible content is nil. As is the dictionary.
ComSwiki is a file server. And you don’t have any files.

If you want to make it work in localhost, then go here:

http://wiki.squeak.org/swiki/16 <http://wiki.squeak.org/swiki/16>

Download the OneOfTheseDays.zip. Find the directory called ‘swiki’. Copy that into a directory of a fresh 4.5 image and install with the Installer script. Then use the ComSwikiLauncher. Then it should work.

swiki—>default—>files—>defaultScheme—>comSwiki.gif
swiki—>ani
swiki—>refs

See what I mean?

And if you do that and it doesn’t work, then you should “SwikiShelf allInstances” and see if you have any content in the image. Try this:

SwikiShelf new name: 'swiki';
		storage: (XmlSwikiStorage
			fromDir: (FileDirectory
				default directoryNamed: 'swiki'));
			load;
			yourself.

The ComSwikiLauncher starts it’s process with:

SwikiModule class >>#swikiWebServer

If all that doesn’t give you the basic Swiki in localhost:[80|8080|8888|8000] then I’ll be surprised.

I can’t speak for 4.6, as no such thing has been released.

I’m happy you want to run it in localhost. I thought people would find this stuff pretty dull.

Chris