[squeak-dev] ComSwiki4.5 in the All-In-One

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:20:05 UTC 2014

> On Oct 27, 2014, at 2:57 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 10/27/14, 1:00 PM, "Chris Cunnington" <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/09rbm70rj86cqr1/ComSwiki4.5.zip?dl=0
>>
>> I put the ComSwiki in a 4.5 All-In-One with the swiki directory of files. If you double click, it’ll open up the image. From there a person can press start on the ComSwikiLauncher and go to localhost:8888 to see it running. I was reading “Squeak: Open Personal Computing And Multimedia” recently and Dan Ingalls said some people downloaded the ComSwiki not for Squeak but to have a wiki (“Back To The Future Once More”). Sounded like it was an app to draw people to the language.
>>
>> I intend to add a link on the homepage under FunSqueak to ComSwiki4.5. It can be downloaded above. If it doesn’t work or people don’t think I should make this publicly available from the homepage, please let me know.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> The ani folder is not deployds, but you can see itj in the swiki browser.
>

> Edgar

OK, you opened the SwikiBrowser, perhaps with this:

(SwikiBrowser asMorphOnShelf: SwikiShelf allInstances first) openInWorld

and the “ani” is present. Hmm, that’s true. I see it as well. The SwikiBrowser shows all the files in the “swiki” folder regardless of whether they are used or not. It just shows files.
I guess if the ani is not showing up then it’s a configuration thing. Not essential, I don’t suppose, though. The “ani” is a different version of the same kind of wiki seen in “refs”.
Thanks for pointing it out. I’ll have to figure out how to switch between the two or have both at the same time.

Chris