[squeak-dev] squeak.org downloads

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:58:30 UTC 2014

I’ve routed the Download button on the homepage to the Downloads page. I’ve added content to the Downloads page. Two things may be different than expected. The first is that I’ve put the cogvm_2776-1_i386.deb in the FTP archive’s 4.5 directory so it can be downloaded from the Downloads page. The second thing is the version number of the Cog vms which is 2776.

There seems to be a tacit concept of a “community approved vm” floating in the community. One the one hand it appears that Dr. Miranda feels his latest release is the CAvm. Chris Muller and Levente have other notions. When I offered to upgrade the vm debs in the servers several months ago, Chris and Levente wanted to see “tests” first. No mention of what might constitute these “tests” was forthcoming.

I’m stepping out of this debate. I’m just telling you why the Cog vms in the advanced section of the Downloads page are pegged at 2776. It was the simplest thing to do. I already had a deb for it.

Chris