[squeak-dev] Could we have 1 api that work across all of the datish classes?

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:59:34 UTC 2014

at least adjusting the date portions?  We currently have:

Date - #addDays:, #subtractDays:
TimeStamp - #plusDays:, #minusDays:
DateAndTime - #+ and #-

 I keep getting messed up by which type of object I have, and which method
it understands to alter the date portion.

Would the community be interested in having these methods spread out to all
of the types so that we can have more polymorphic date representations?
 (and, maybe, even the rest of the protocols?)

Or, alternatively, removing some of the options and settling on one
standard?

-cbc