[squeak-dev] Re: How can I listen to my app?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 16 00:24:38 UTC 2014

Apologies for the confusion but to summarize what I found:

- The 32-bit standard interpreter VM for Linux on squeakvm.org has all of the
  usual vm-sound-* modules, and should work as expected.

    http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614-linux_i386.tar.gz

- The 64-bit standard interpreter VM for Linux on squeakvm.org is missing some
  of the vm-sound-* modules. For this reason, if you downloaded an interpreter
  VM for your 64-bit Linux system, you may not have sound.

    http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614-linux_x86_64.tar.gz

- If you have the 64-bit intepreter VM, you should be able to replace it
  with the 32-bit interpreter VM if you need sound. Or, if you prefer to
  keep the 64-bit VM, you may be able to add the attached vm-sound modules
  from a VM that I compiled on my PC. YMMV, absolutely no guarantees.

- For Cog, there may be a problem with the build procedure that is causing
  problems with the vm-sound-* modules. I do not yet know the reason,
  although you may be able to use the vm-sound-* modules from the 32-bit
  interpreter VM (I think there was a success report for this earlier in
  this thread).

HTH,

Dave